Saw this post by a Facebook User and had to share….it is pretty funny.
If the Redskins have to change their name because the media tells them to, then the following NFL teams should also change their names:
1. Kansas City Chiefs – same reason the Redskins. Old white people feel guilty.
2. NY Jets – families in NYC who lost relatives on 9/11 would be offended by the images of planes.
3. NY Giants – little people feel offended because no one ever calls them Giants.
4. Tennessee Titans – See #3
5. San Diego Chargers – Some people can’t afford electricity and are not able to charge their government subsidized cell phones. Offensive.
6. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – This is offensive to the Somali pirates who are really trying to do some good in their own country with senseless violence.
7. New England Patriots – There are some people who didn’t fight for this country’s freedom and would be offended. This is also extra offensive to the millions of illegal aliens that outnumber the Native Americans.
8. Buffalo Bills – I know at least three guys named Bill that are pretty pissed off about this one.
9. Minnesota Vikings – When the Vikings came to North America and raped and pillaged, a lot of innocent victims lost their lives. This one is just common sense.
10. New Orleans Saints – This name is offensive to Catholics around the globe. The NFL might be planning 3 games in London next year, but they should cancel the Vatican City trip.
11-24. Dolphins, Ravens, Bengals, Lions, Eagles, Bears, Colts, Jaguars, Broncos, Panthers, Falcons, Seahawks, Rams, Cardinals – PETA, PETA, PETA, PETA, PETA. Where are you when we really need you? These animal names are being exploited!!!! (If PETA doesn’t want to help out with the Cardinals, we can stick them in with Saints and let the Catholics handle it.)
25. Green Bay Packers – Some people can’t afford boxes to package their stuff. Offensive, Offensive. Offensive.
26. Cleveland Browns – Short for the Brown Bombers – named after The Brown Bomber, Joe Louis. Joe Louis won 66 professional fights. That’s a lot of families that don’t need to be reminded of their relatives getting defeated in the ring.
27. San Francisco 49ers – Numerous families moved West during the Gold Rush. Not everyone struck it rich. Those poor bastards. So offensive.
28. Oakland Raiders – See #6. This is also offensive to the upstanding citizens of Oakland who raid their neighbor’s homes on an hourly basis.
29. Dallas Cowboys – No Cowgirls? Cowmen? Cowwomen? CowLGBTs. Actually, the cows can’t be too crazy about this either.
30. Houston Texans – this ties in with the Patriots. There are over a million illegal aliens that live in Texas and can’t officially call themselves Texans. That’s no fair to them.
31. Pittsburgh Steelers – This is the only NFL team that has a chance of keeping its name. If the Steel Workers Union was as offended as they should be, this would have been changed a long time ago.
I seriously hope no one was offended while reading this. If you were, please let me know and I’ll change my name to “Facebook User” on your page.